Friday, July 21, 2017

The Two B's

I'm sure you are wondering what the two B's are. Are they bread and butter, boxes and basters, the birds and the bees?? What on earth could they possibly be?? Oh Emma pleeeeease tell us! Alright. Bartok and Brahms. Two of my favorite composers and the two who also wreaked havoc on my life during senior year. Let me just say, Brahms is just magnificent and Bartok is underrated. (Now you are probably wondering why I am talking about composers, just as I am sure you were wondering why on earth I write like an epic nerd). The reason is this. Tonight we went to an orchestra performance which was part of the Grand Teton Music Festival and which featured the extremely talented pianist, Yefim Bronfman. As you can probably guess, the orchestra played a concerto by Bela Bartok and after the intermission they were joined by Bronfman, who played alongside the orchestra a piano concerto by Johannes Brahms. It was A B S O L U T E L Y fabulous. Aunt Susie and I both enjoyed it a lot and when it was all over she told me she felt a lot more relaxed. I confidently asserted that her relaxation was indeed a result of the classical music, my confidence backed by the 21 pages of research I did concerning the topic. It was a proud moment for me. 

Other than that, we dropped off Catherine at the airport today because she is going to San Diego to go to a Comic-Con with her dad (super jealous). Then we came home and cleaned for quite a while because Sarah and the other intern at the farm, Alex, are here and the house needed some attention in preparation for company. The other Sarah (who I had the convo with yesterday) hasn't shown up at the house today even though all of her stuff is still here so...I don't know what's happening with her. We'll see I guess. 

Well, tomorrow we are going to the farmer's market and then to the Park so it should be a pretty fun day. 

Bye Bye (two b's...get it? 😂)
et_the_extra_awesome

2 comments:

  1. or Ballsy and Brave! or Bad Attitude and Bad Hair! or Boss and Bertke! Loads of Double Bs that I could come up with!
    I keep thinking that you are spending your summer as a modern day Jane Austen character, maybe minus the house cleaning? Have you seen any zombies in Jackson? I'm wondering if you'll ask me to pull out the silver the next time you come over for tacos!?
    I'm glad that you were able to share your compelling thesis with others and see, for yourself, the consequences of classical music!
    Bet Aunt Susie wouldn't have had the same calming thoughts about Garth Baby! Plus he's too cute for anyone to walk away feeling "relaxed"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well house cleaning is included too :)

    ReplyDelete