Saturday, July 22, 2017

String Lake With No Strings Attached (It's Dumb I Know)

We spent the whole entire day at String Lake in Grand Teton National Park today. And by whole day I mean 10 straight hours. We rented paddle boards and spent the day paddling them all over the place, lazying around in hammocks (apparently today was national hammock day...who knew?), and listening to children through tantrums around us. It was an amazing day and instead of trying to describe to you exactly how it was, I will just include quite a few pictures. It was absolutely beautiful and the water was really cold. Oh, and Nathan must have been there (or some likeness of him) because someone was flying a drone over the lake full of people in their swim suits (I really hope he or one of his family members reads this but if not the Alders know what I am referencing). Anywho...we also made a quick run to the farmer's market this morning before we left so that I could get a few more souvenirs. Getting that souvenir shopping knocked out a little at a time :). Alrighty well here are the pictures that were promised.

I'm exhausted by the way. Good night fam.

Emma T.

Hanging in a hammock is ENOugh for me
When you pose like a model without even knowing it...that's the Grand in the background

4 comments:

  1. What lovely pictures! It must have been a real sacrifice to spend the day out there!

    The model picture is adorable! How cold was the water? Did you go with anyone else? Just you and Aunt Sue?

    Your uncle is talking of taking me paddle boarding. Could you post a blog on "How to Paddle Board Without Looking Like a Grandma?" And do it real quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL it's really not hard to paddle board. And I don't think you'd ever look like a grandma doing it. The water was probably 60 or colder and it was just me and Aunt Susie for a while but then Alex and Sarah joined us for the last part of the day after their 6 hour long hike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these photos - model pose and all! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these photos - model pose and all! 💕

    ReplyDelete