Wednesday, July 5, 2017

#farmislife

I'm pretty sure that is one of the many hashtags that we Tertke cousins use to mock the farm boy in our midst (along with #iliveforRosie2.0, #honkifyoulovesheep, and #farmertedandhisbelowaveragefencesstrikeagain). For those of you who don't know, said farmer boy is none other than Levi Fischerman, sheep tamer and fence builder extraordinaire (love ya buddy).

Any way...moving on from my title...today. Today was the most exhausting day I've had since I've been here. You may be thinking, "How could today be more tiring than the 15 mile bike ride or 10 mile hike she went on last week??" Others may be thinking that a 15 mile bike ride or 10 mile hike up a mountain is nothing, so today probably wasn't that tiring and really I'm just wimpy. If you think that, go join the Olympics or something. We don't want you here. Seriously though...in response to the first (and sensible) question...today was exhausting because we worked on a farm for 4 hours ("Four hours isn't even that long"...haters gonna hate). We worked extremely hard in the fields weeding, digging up thistles, removing and folding up coverings on plants, and hoeing, lots and lots of hoeing (jokes have already been made so feel free to keep any comments to yourself). It was very strenuous but at the end we got to jump into a very cold pond to refresh ourselves before we ate a delicious lunch. We had vegetable curry on rice, black beans, and salad. It was so good. Sarah got the afternoon off so we went to Driggs to scope out some camping spots and to go grocery shopping. On the way back to the farm, we went to the Victor Emporium where there is "world famous" huckleberry shakes and we got huckleberry ice cream in cones (amazing). Finally we made it home after I managed to stay awake the whole way home...the fight of the century...and now I am sitting at home, nice and clean, just chilling until we go to eat at Teton Tiger with Catherine and her friends. I imagine I will sleep really good tonight.

Hope y'all are enjoying this.
P.S. I find the lack of response from my aunt down in Woden to be disturbing. Love you though!

So long!
EMMA


No comments:

Post a Comment