Sunday, July 16, 2017

Sunday

God's Creation, Nature, The Great Outdoors, The Universal Back Yard (I think I may have made that one up...but it makes sense, so I'm going with it). To be honest, I'm not sure where I was going with that thought... All those things are names that we have given to the beauty that surrounds us, yet none seems to fully encompass the essence of it, because what words can you really use to capture and contain something so vast? Is there really any way to constrict something so beautiful and so grand to a series of letters? I would argue no. Not really. Though each one of the names above do describe the immense beauty that surrounds us, each lacks something to correctly encompass it's grandeur. Just a thought as I relay my day to y'all. 

This morning we went to church at 11 where the pastor taught on Ephesians. It was an interesting and inspirational message on unity that I think influenced much of the congregation. The only weird thing was that we had communion in the middle of the sermon. I'm not quite sure why because it could have just as easily been done at the end. That was a little different for me. Then we went on a small hike this afternoon just up a little butte near Aunt Susie's house as storm clouds gathered above us. It was a nice walk and we rescued a dog on the way back (but we didn't keep it because its owner came and got it).
Catherine and I on the butte...supporting AC from way up north....roadrunners for lyfe :)

Throughout the rest of the afternoon we did sort of filler activities to take up time and then we cooked out on the deck for dinner. Oh yeah and we made a fire pit today so we had a fire going in there and there was a nice smoky smell in the yard. We grilled cod, bison steaks, and vegetables that I cannot for the life of me remember the name of, and we had zucchini pasta with a really good sauce, and gorgonzola cake things that Sarah made. It was all delicious and we sat on pillows around a low table outside to eat, which was really refreshing (I almost said very refreshing...that would have been a big mistake...all you who have taken Mr. Bryant's class know why...I don't know if he even reads this but I'm sure he would be proud of me). Catherine made some really good dessert and then we went inside to clean up the MASSIVE amount of dishes we had from our huge meal. Now I'm in bed and I really gotta sign off now because we're going to Idaho Falls tomorrow and we have to drop off Sarah on the way so we have to get up early.


I am having some technical difficulties...hence the centered writing.
Good night everyone! I can't get the other pictures attached how I want them so sorry about that.

Emma T.

2 comments:

  1. Now that your aunt has the comment thing figured out....she's got some words!
    The food sounds delicious (would Mr. B approve of that word?) and I'm sorry to say that eating outside on our deck offers little more than Skeeters and a Sweat Fest! But I did pick up two new Tiki torches which promise to ward off the little biting suckers and certainly provide an added dimension to our already rockin' porch area! I must admit I'm ready to show them you...in other words...I really miss you!
    Hope you'll be willing to share your time with boars next door when you return to God's country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha no doubt. I'll be over the day I return :)

    ReplyDelete