Friday, July 7, 2017

Not All Dances Are Created Equal

Well...in contrast to the great contemporary dance we saw last week, the dance we attended today was neither inspiring nor beautiful (though some desperate souls convinced themselves that it was). So...backstory. Aunt Susie knows the director at the Dancer's Workshop and she needed some help this weekend with Ann Carlson's Doggie Hamlet show (just the name should give you a clue). So, yesterday and today we stood at the gate to let people in and hand them programs and we got to watch the show for free today. Thank goodness it was free for us because it would not have been worth the money to see it. I felt bad for everyone else sitting there because they were all as confused as we were but it looked as if they were really trying to see the point so they could feel justified in their waste of money. As for us, we sat silently, confused, and a few times I got a look from Aunt Susie when I started laughing. The best part were the very talented sheep dogs that a trainer could completely control just by different pitched whistles. That was pretty neat. Other than that though, a few people ran around with sheep skins and "passed out" a few times and then started chasing and yelling at the sheep. It was slightly disturbing to be honest. I took multiple videos but I can't attach them on here so if anyone is really interested in seeing them...you can let me know. There was one guy there who made me so happy because during the show he was laughing too and we made eye contact a couple times and he was taking selfies. Then after the show one of the other people working asked him how he liked it and he said that he was on the verge of openly weeping at one point. I started laughing so hard but the funniest thing is that I think the lady totally believed him.

Any way...summary of tonight's experience. It was by far the worst performance I have ever seen in my life and I realized that not all dances are equal.

There isn't really anything to comment about the previous part of the day. I ordered a book about coaching volleyball since I think that would be a nice thing to have seeing as I am coaching volleyball this fall. We cleaned quite a bit because Jacob is here again (Catherine's friend). So now we're winding down. We're going camping tomorrow in Idaho (Gracie). 

Goodnight!
ET

At least there was a good view...

No comments:

Post a Comment