Sunday, June 25, 2017

Trip to the Tetons #3

Hello! To anyone concerned, I made it to Jackson Hole, Wyoming safe and sound at 2:00 this morning. We had a 2 hour flight from the DFW airport to Salt Lake City and then my aunt and I drove four and a half hours to get to Jackson. We wanted to eat at Chick-fil-a for dinner but we could not for the life of us find one so we drove and drove until finally we gave up hope and settled for Wendy's at 9:30. The drive through Salt Lake City was really nice and scenic but around 10:30 it got dark so the rest of the drive was less exciting. I spent most of my time trying not to fall asleep and I actually succeeded (thanks to some really great friends who stayed up way too late last night (shout out)). Aunt Susie and I listened to music in the last two hour stretch and she made me the DJ so that was fun.

Moving on to today...we got up this morning and had a nice breakfast and then I took a shower and we got ready for church (we went to the 11 o'clock service). The church service was pretty good, the highlight probably being offertory, in which a man played "It Is Well With My Soul" on the harmonica. It was pretty cool. After church we ran home to get our wallets and we went grocery shopping for about an hour and a half (due to the fact that my cousins and aunt shop at three different grocery stores). Then we went home and ate leftover Indian food (well some of us, Sarah is a vegetarian) because Catherine works at Teton Tiger, and Indian restaurant in town. We had fried rice and it was really good, better than whatever Peking has to offer I'm sure. It had bison in it, and bison is awesome. It's so much better than beef (which the fam doesn't eat by the way). After lunch, Aunt Susie and Catherine left to take back our rental car and I went on a walk by myself. It was really nice: I walked to the Elk Refuge and back. As soon as I got back, Catherine asked me if I wanted to go to Persephone's with her (a little bakery) and I accepted her offer immediately. So, here we are, sitting in Persephone's, me writing a blog and her making a website. I think we are going hiking later on and then tonight we have to take Sarah to Idaho, where she will be working on a farm during the week. It's been an absolutely beautiful day today and I'm excited to hike later. I attached some pics at the bottom to add a little excitement to this otherwise ordinary post.

Signing off,
Emma K. T.
My aunt's neighborhood

Another shot of the hood
I'll get closer to the Tetons later on in the trip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment