Tuesday, June 27, 2017

When it Rains, it Pours (and Hails)

Hey! Today was pretty relaxed which was nice. We had a chill morning until a storm rolled in and we were hit with heavy rain and hail. I've never seen so much hail before, it looked like it had snowed on the back porch when it was all over. After that fiasco, Aunt Susie had to leave so she took me to Teton Tiger (where Catherine works) and I hung out and ate some Indian food. I got fried okra, which was made with chickpea flour and had a kind of cucumber and lime dip to go along with it, and though it may sound strange, it was the best fried okra I have ever tasted. I also had some Thai Tea which is pretty much sweet tea on steroids made with bubble tea (if you don't know what that is then google it because I don't know what it is either). It was incredibly sweet so I couldn't drink very much of it. I got some Chicken Tikka Masala to go and set off to find my way back to the house (I walked). I actually made it back with no problems and found the street pretty easily. I was proud of myself. When I got home I had a nice phone call with my main girl Gracie (shout out) and then I watched some  Netflix and painted. When Catherine and Aunt Susie got home, we went for a hike with the dogs up part of the butte that I hiked the first time I came. It was pretty difficult because a lot of it was uphill but it was a gorgeous hike and it was really nice outside (61 degrees to be exact). We saw a three legged German Shepherd that was kinda scary on our way out. When we got home, I warmed up my Indian food and ate it and now I'm sitting here, telling my story to the world (not really the world, more like little podunk Nacogdoches). So today was another great day!

P.S. I'm kinda tired of the title of my blog since I used it last year...if anyone has a new idea please let me know!

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment