Friday, June 30, 2017

Too Tired to Come Up With a Creative Title

There are many different forms of art: music, sculpture, painting, drama, the list could go on. Tonight I experienced a form of art that is unique, abstract, and for me, hard to grasp: the art of contemporary dance. It has a sort of surreal beauty to it that transcends the common, modern mind but it is something that is very meaningful when you consider the concepts it seeks to portray. Though I was slightly confused throughout most of the performance, it was beautiful and passionate, and I enjoyed watching it. Fran and Dan (who I have mentioned before) were both performers as well as choreographers and it was really neat seeing their vision come through the different dances. I cannot even imagine putting together such a complex routine and I was amazed at the final product.

Well...going back in time...I watched Lydia and Chloe again this morning while their mom and Aunt Susie finished up their paint job. We had lots of fun (again) and I introduced them to Phineas and Ferb, which they loved. When the ladies got back, Aunt Susie and I decided to go on a bike ride...little did I know it was going to turn out to be 15 miles long! It was actually great though. We rode all the way to the Snake River and back and saw some beautiful sights, including an eagle, which was pretty cool. After that exhausting excursion, we took off (in the car thankfully) to get Sarah from the farm she works at in Idaho. We went over Teton Pass, which is an amazing mountain road, and I found myself utterly content. Some girls need chocolate or new makeup or flowers to make them happy: me, just drive me through the mountains while I get to look out the window and soak it in. That right there is a recipe for happiness. We stopped at the grocery store on the way home and then enjoyed a delicious (and extremely healthy) meal made by Sarah that contained many, many vegetables and no meat at all. But that's okay because I am learning to appreciated veggies more and more every day. After that, we went to the aforementioned performance and now I am home, resting my weary (to say the least) legs. 

Oh yeah! I also stabbed my tongue with a piece of pizza today...because I am that talented...and I think I may have done some legitimate damage 😂. I've got issues (but you got 'em too...it's a song for those of you who don't know). 

Okay it is becoming more and more apparent that I am tired because my brain is running away to crazy places and I can't catch it. (see like that...that doesn't even make sense)
So...I'm going to sign off before I say something I regret ;). Oh and pictures included at the bottom. Actually just one because I realized my aunt has the ones from the bike ride on her phone.

Bye now!
EMMA

The view going through Teton Pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment