Monday, June 26, 2017

Day 2

There is a moment in time when you are captured by something and it takes over your senses. All your worries melt away and the problems of the world are dissolved. And in that moment, time stands still, because you try and try to absorb it all but you can't because there is just too much beauty, too much majesty. I experienced that moment today.

Taggart Lake
Before we get to the breathtaking experience of the day, let's go back in time to this morning/afternoon. I watched two little girls with Aunt Susie today and long story short, they are super sweet and I painted a ton. Their names were Lydia (5) and Chloe (2) and they were downright adorable and they got along so well (much better than my sister and I would've gotten along at that age I'm sure). Lydia loves to color so we sat at the table and colored and painted for a very long time and we watched part of Zootopia and then we colored/ painted again. It was really fun. After that, (here comes the boom) we packed up some snacks and water and Aunt Susie and I took off to Grand Teton National Park to hike to Taggart Lake. It was so beautiful and, though I was breathing very hard due to the reduced oxygen levels, it was soooooo worth it. It was amazing. It's hard to put into words what it was like and the pictures don't do it justice either but I'll just point you back to the top of the page. I could have sat at the lake for hours upon hours upon hours because it was impossible to fully absorb the glory and majesty that is the Lord's Creation. I don't want to get repetitive so I will just close with this: The Lord is good all the time and I think that nature is proof of that. 

Blessings from Jackson Hole,
Emma T.

Flowers on the trail. The colors are gorgeous.


1 comment: