Monday, June 27, 2016

God's Creativity in the Tetons

Today we had a full day. We went on a 6 mile hike to Phelps Lake and back. The big attraction there is a huge rock that brave people like to jump off of. It was a beautiful hike! 


Imagine the sound of rushing water to get the whole effect.

We finally made it to Phelps Lake and it was beautiful. It's amazing to me how God can take something as simple as a large rock jutting out on top of a body of water and make it into a playground for so many people to enjoy. Someone please explain to me how it is possible to look at something like that and deny the existence of an Intelligent Designer. Actually, I'll explain it to myself. Some people are so incredibly ignorant and blind that they refuse to see what is thrown in front of them. A passage of Scripture from Romans comes to mind in which Paul condemns those that do not know God because His qualities are clearly represented through nature. Atoms and amino acids, no matter how long they evolve, do not have inherent creativity or intelligence to construct a natural playground. Something like that requires the Hand of a Divine Creator.
In the end, Anabelle was the only one brave enough to make the 30 foot jump into the ice cold water.
Unfortunately, the water was so cold that even my mom and I could not get in deeper than our ankles. It was so cold that it made our feet ache and it took Anabelle's breath away (literally) when she landed. But the hike was definitely worth it. We were thoroughly exhausted by the end of the sixth mile and so we went and bought tubes and floated down Flat Creek, which runs through the town. What started out being a relaxing, scenic float trip ended up as a pretty fast and intense trip. Every turn had us paddling like crazy trying not to get thrown into the tree branches hanging down on each side of the creek. No matter how hard we paddled we all ended up in a tree at some point. I personally got hit by probably 167 or more branches. But it was still a lot of fun. We went to dinner at Snake River Brewery and had some delicious beer and food. 
Smokin' Mac at Snake River Brewery


10 comments:

  1. I67 branches - wow, I'm glad you made it! �� I've enjoyed your blog! It brings back good memories from many, many years ago when we were there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Aunt Susie with you?
    Anabelle, I'm SO proud of you! (imagine the sound of me screaming to get the whole effect)
    The food looks delish like the samples at SAM's!
    Do you feel like I'm crashing your blog because you never respond? And, also, I want to know how everyone is doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Do you love jelly beans that much?

    ReplyDelete
  4. On a serious note, your comments about how one could look at such beautiful creation and still deny God's existence reminds me of The Last Battle. Remember when the good guys are in the stable eating the scrumptious food Aslan gave them and the dwarves have the same food but they swear they are eating hay or bricks? (If you don't remember this part, it's a good indication that you need to read the series again!)
    Those who have ears, let them hear the beauty of the rushing water; and those who have eyes let them see the heighth of the towering trees. And those who have hearts, let them feel the Hand of God embrace them while enjoying His Nature, all the while knowing that God is no closer to you there than He is here in ETX when you are bored and irritated. Rest tonight knowing that your name is on His lips continually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun and incredible day! I see you've been paying attention to Mr. Little talking about amino acids and atoms not being able to "evolve" without our Divine Creator! An amazing world he created for us to enjoy! Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you're offended that I haven't been responding. I've loved reading all of the comments. Everyone is great! We all adjusted to the altitude really well and are enjoying the scenery immensely. To answer your second question: Yes, I love jelly beans that much. :) And I definitely need to read the Last Battle again. Thank you for your insight. I miss y'all a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And Aunt Susie is with us. Without her we would not know what to do. She is our guide, hostess, and photographer. Most of the photo credits on here go to her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And Aunt Susie is with us. Without her we would not know what to do. She is our guide, hostess, and photographer. Most of the photo credits on here go to her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry you're offended that I haven't been responding. I've loved reading all of the comments. Everyone is great! We all adjusted to the altitude really well and are enjoying the scenery immensely. To answer your second question: Yes, I love jelly beans that much. :) And I definitely need to read the Last Battle again. Thank you for your insight. I miss y'all a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job with your creation apologetics! I'm so thankful you are sharing your experiences through your writing. Keep looking/observing, listening, touching, sampling, and breathing in all of God's majestic creation. And keep sharing your thoughtful 16-year-old perspective on His creative works. Love you and miss you all!

    ReplyDelete